The life and times of a girl headed to a big city with the only certainty being the love of her life.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not Enough.

I've been accused of not updating this enough. So here is another post!

Life has been fairly crazy for both Harold and I. I've been able to log into work for the past week and a half, and since we now have internet, I've been able to do it from HOME! So I'm still working 40 hours per week, though this will be the last time I'm able to do it for a while. This Thursday marks my last day at Headquarters... for good. Weird! Though this has been an easier way to "go out" since I've been able to wrap up loose ends for my replacement and the rest of the Studio.

Harold and I bought a couch! It's beautiful and we love it, but it hasn't arrived yet. It is supposed to get here today between 10-2 and we couldn't be more excited! We ordered it before our pod got here, so we've been sitting in our bean bag chair (thanks Mom) and our rocking chair (again, thanks Mom). We can't wait to have something that we can sit on, take naps on, and make our living room look like it is supposed to!

Work at the store is good, though a lot harder than I remember. My feet kill me after one 8.5 hour shift even in good shoes! However, I'm loving being in a store and in the retail environment again. It's been a lot of fun!

We have decided to be as thrifty as possible when it comes to food, so we're buying things like a whole chicken and yeast for bread so that we can have yummy things multiple times without having to buy them every time. For instance, I made my first whole roasted chicken on Sunday, carved it, then boiled the carcass with veggies and herbs and made chicken stock. Then we used part of the chicken in pasta a few nights ago, more in quesadillas last night, and we still have some left over... Not to mention the stock! Harold made rye bread from scratch as well, and while I'm not a huge fan of caraway seeds, this particular recipe didn't have a lot, so we've both been enjoying the loaf throughout the week. It's been fun! I baked cookies and have been able to have something sweet when the mood strikes as well. Life is good!

Also, I discovered a Hancock Fabrics down the street from us and I'm not sure I could be more excited about it. I bought a book on easy projects for the home so that I can make pillow covers and kitchen towels and pot holders without having to go out and buy them from a store! I'm super excited for it. Plus it gives me something to do in the evenings when Harold is studying (he's already started and classes start on Monday...) I also bought a puzzle that I've been plugging away at. I'm trying to only buy things that will give me drawn out pleasure, hoping that I won't use it all up and get tired of it, then go buy something else. Projects, I guess you could call them.

Anyway, I should grab some breakfast while I'm thinking about it. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment